The first "barrier" seen by the Democrats is something they like to call systemic racism. Here is what they say, "Democrats will fight to end institutional and systemic racism in our society. We will challenge and dismantle the structures that define lasting racial, economic, political, and social inequity. Democrats will promote racial justice through fair, just, and equitable governing of all public-serving institutions and in the formation of public policy. Democrats support removing the Confederate battle flag from public properties, recognizing that it is a symbol of our nation's racist past that has no place in our present or our future. We will push for a societal transformation to make it clear that black lives matter and that there is no place for racism in our country." Let's consider these bizarre and unspecific ideas for a moment.
Racism is an irrational hatred for someone of a different race. Blacks irrationally hate whites. Whites irrationally hate blacks. Scots irrationally hate the Welsh. (The Welsh don't irrationally hate anybody.) Serbs irrationally hate Croatians. Kurds irrationally hate Turks. The Chinese irrationally hate the Japanese. People with the white side on the right side of their faces hate those people with the white side on the left side of their faces. Let's face it, almost everyone hates everyone of a different race. So what is the big deal? Let them hate. They only hurt themselves. But that will not do for the busy-body Democrats. They have to create something they call institutional racism.
An institution is impersonal and, by definition, cannot be racist. The Democrats use the term to assert their nonsensical belief that businesses operated by white males somehow have the power to keep the noble black man financially oppressed. They never describe precisely how that takes place but they all believe it. So if the Democrats are going to "fight institutional racism" they are going to have to fight against business operated by white males. How they are going to do that is not described. Why that would be a good idea is not explained. In fact, the entire paragraph is nothing but propaganda designed to inflame the emotions of those who wish to be classified as victims of racism. Funny thing about that....I have never heard of any Asians, a definite minority race in the SDA, complaining about institutional racism (as they continue to rise to the top of the income population as a race). I wonder why evil whitey has allowed that to happen?
As a token of what it means to fight racism the Democrats want to make the Confederate flag illegal. That only makes sense. To the victors goes the spoils. The North devastated the South and clearly won the war. As the winner it has the right to re-write history and impose severe punishments upon the loser. I just have one request. If the Confederate flag is to be removed because it is a symbol of the white man's hatred for the noble black man, I believe that all paintings/photographs of Abraham Lincoln that hang in SDA government schools should also be removed. After all, Lincoln wrote:
- "There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people to the idea of indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races ... A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation, but as an immediate separation is impossible, the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together. If white and black people never get together in Kansas, they will never mix blood in Kansas." (when discussion the western expansion of slavery)
- "In the language of Mr. Jefferson, uttered many years ago, "It is still in our power to direct the process of emancipation, and deportation, peaceably, and in such slow degrees, as that the evil will wear off insensibly; and in their places be, pari passu [on an equal basis], filled up by free white laborers." (when discussing his desire to ship all blacks back to Africa)
- "I have no purpose directly or indirectly to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so." (on his alleged desire to outlaw southern slavery)
- "I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is physical difference between the two which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position."
- "Our republican system was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life. Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bastards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man."
The mere assertion that something is so does not make it so. The Democrats, ignoring rich Asians, assert that blacks and latinos are economically oppressed by angry white male businessmen, especially those operating mortgage companies. They believe that in some clandestine conspiracy of racist hatred, angry white businessmen are preventing blacks and latinos from creating businesses, producing goods and selling those goods for a profit in the free market. When forced to produce an example of this white male oppression, the Democrats produce a bizarre and surreal argument that proves just the opposite of what they intend to prove. According to the Democrats, black and latino family units lost more net worth during the Great Recession than white families did. The alleged reason for this is that black and latino families had more concentration of their net worth in housing which allegedly lost more value than other assets. And why did their homes lose more value than whiteys? Because evil whitey forced the noble black and latino families to take out loans that they could not afford.
The truth of the matter is the federal government created the Great Recession, the housing collapse and the stock market crash of 2008-2009. The free market had nothing to do with any of it, nor did white run businesses. So it is fair to say that blacks and latinos were unfairly targeted and lost more in the Great Recession than evil white folks. But it is incorrect to believe that they lost more because of the free market. They were targeted by their own government and the Democrats who forced mortgage companies to issue sub-prime loans to black and latino families.
In a wildly bizarre case of deja vu, this splinter in the plank of economic equality says, "Democrats believe it is long past time to close this racial wealth gap. Disparities in wealth cannot be solved by the free market alone, but instead, the federal government must play a role in eliminating systemic barriers to wealth accumulation for different racial groups and improving opportunities for people from all racial and ethnic backgrounds to build wealth. Federal policies must remove barriers to achieving sustainable homeownership..." Did you get all of that? If not, let me explain.
After castigating whitey for selling sub-prime loans to blacks and latinos, the Democrats come up with the brilliant idea of requiring mortgage companies operated by evil white businessmen to issue sub-prime loans to black and latino families so they can also have a home, at least until the repo man shows up again. The Democrat's solution to the problem they created in the real estate market is to do exactly the same things all over again. Now that is what I call leadership!
There are no barriers to opportunities in the free market. All real barriers to opportunity that exist are there as a result of government rules and regulations. It is not a question as to whether there are barriers or not. The question is this, who are the barriers erected to oppose? When we answer this question we must acknowledge that the Democratic platform exists for the purpose of creating barriers to entry for productive white males who want nothing more than to produce things that consumers would be willing to voluntarily purchase. To justify the creation of these barriers the Democrats create the victim classes of blacks and latinos who apparently are so utterly helpless they can do nothing without government support. I tell you what, if I were a black or a latino and not a Welshman, I would be highly offended by what the Democratic party thinks of me.