Here is the Blue Lives Matter website. The by-line of the website declares, "Serving and Honoring Amerikcan Law Enforcement." That was all I need to know. Here, straight from the horses mouth, is the perspective of a jack-booted thug on what is transpiring in the SDA these days. The article this particular thug penned is entitled, "It's Citizens; Not the Police, Who Need De-escalation Training." That pretty much tells the story. Blame the victim is a tried and true tactic utilized by bullies all around the world. Let me give you some direct quotations from a man who carries a gun and is legally permitted to gun you down in the street.
Joe Grit (a pen name?) is the author of the article. He begins by informing me that cops are intellectuals. I never would have guessed that based upon my interactions with them but who am I to judge just how smart these gun-toting geniuses are? He writes, "Our educated law enforcement community– In the United States today, we have never seen a more diverse, better educated, well trained and technologically advanced law enforcement community. Police academies today are more like mini-universities; all accredited through community colleges, where officers receive undergraduate credits for course work. In most states police recruits study and are tested in over forty-three separate topics of instruction during an intense six-month academy. During this period, they must demonstrate written and physical/practical competency with a minimum passing score of between 80% to 100% in all subjects. Cultural and sexual diversity, tactical communication, laws of arrest/search and seizure; civil rights, victimology, preliminary investigations, forensics; mental health, drug influence; traffic enforcement and investigations; physical training and use of force/deadly force comprise just a few of the many subjects covered. This level and time compression of education and training is far more demanding; and more intellectually and physically challenging than any university I am aware of."
Joe is correct when he asserts that the cops have more ways to spy upon and kill the citizens of the SDA today than at any other time in our past. The fact that police departments all around the SDA have become mini-military establishments is something he is proud of. I am afraid I don't share his enthusiasm. I also wonder if the intellectual demands of his police academy really are higher and more taxing than those put upon students in the hard sciences at some of the nation's top universities? Never having been to either of those two campuses I would not know.
Joe gets to the heart of the matter when he writes, from his perspective as a near-genius, "Who really needs the training? -- I have come to the conclusion that it is generally not the police who need more training including “de-escalation,” diversity, sensitivity and civil rights training; it is the American public. The Millennium Generation has absolutely no understanding of what their actual civil rights are – and more importantly, are not. They have no idea what the legal constraints are with respect to their behaviors during police encounters. They have no awareness as to why they get detained and arrested for the stupid things they say and do. Most of their parents are worse than their offspring are. Young people and most adults have no understanding of how police officers are trained and how that training combined with their non-compliant, suspicious, potentially threatening and/or active physical resistance become part of the calculus of the peaceful, or defensively forceful response by police their actions precipitate." Well there you have it. We are all too stupid to understand that when a cop pulls us over and starts ordering us around and playing the bully it is our fault when we get upset and it is also our fault when we get shot.
I can't speak for the Millennium Generation that Joe refers to but I can speak for myself. I know what my civil rights are. They are described in the now defunct Constitution of the United States of Amerika. I have the right to be left alone by the police. I have the right to demand that the police may only detain me if they have a warrant, signed by a judge and based upon probably cause that I have committed a crime. I have the right to remain silent when they interrogate me. I think I know my rights pretty well. But Joe does not think so. He believes that my comprehension of my civil rights is completely wrong.
Joe has a point. The Supreme Court of Jokers long ago eviscerated the Constitution of the United States of Amerika, virtually eliminating all of the protections of the 4th Amendment and giving thugs like Joe the right to do anything they want during what he calls an "encounter." Joe's concept of a civil right is "the legal constraints with respect to their (ie, our, ed) behaviors during police encounters." Now that is a very interesting definition of a civil right. When I encounter a cop my rights consist of the things I must do to please that cop lest he be justified in shooting me. Here is a partial list of my civil rights, according to Joe:
- I have the right to be detained by a cop without any probable cause I have committed a crime.
- I have the right to be interrogated by a cop and further detained if I refuse to answer his questions.
- I have the right to submit to whatever absurd command he might issue to me.
- I have the right to allow the cop to search my property, without a warrant, based upon his assessment that I am somehow acting suspiciously when I refuse to allow him to search my property.
- I have the right to have my property confiscated and never returned to me under the cop's civil asset forfeiture laws.
- I have the right to be deceived, lied to and tricked by Joe as he does everything in his power to get an arrest and, quite probably, a cash bonus for doing so.
- I have the right to be entrapped into the commission of a crime as I obey every command, word and thought of my kind and loving gun-toting benefactor. I likely will not even be aware that by complying with his demands I have committed a crime right up until the moment he slaps the cuffs on me, tosses me into the back of the paddy wagon and drives off recklessly into the sunset.
- I have the right to be kicked, beaten and shot by any cop who feels "threatened" by the fact I don't agree with his list of civil rights or if I dare to address him as a human being of equal value to me.
- I have the right to prove myself to be stupid because of all of the things I say and do when in the presence of my master. References to the Constitution or English common law are automatically deemed to be stupid by my intellectual superiors.
- I have the right to address my personal jack-booted thug as "lord," or "my liege," or "your Highness."
- I have the right to "comply" with every command that comes out of the mouth of my master, regardless of how stupid, absurd, illogical, irrational or illegal it might be.
This article from a member of the dark side is most enlightening. Joe concludes by informing me that, "The simple fact is that it is the public who needs de-escalation training. They need to calm down and have a studied response instead of emotionally charged reaction to the police they encounter during pedestrian stops, vehicle pull-overs, and investigative contacts. They need to know that a court of law and not the street is the venue for arguing the justification of a stop or an enforcement action. They need to know that no matter how much they might dislike the police; or the reason(s) for being contacted by them; they are legally obligated to obey an officer(s)’ directions, orders, or commands. The public needs to learn how to listen and not argue with police. They need to learn how to temper their behavior and not make stupid, threatening, and potentially deadly bad decisions. Essentially, they need to learn to grow up and mind their manners."
Hey Joe, where you going with that gun in your hand? Are you going to shoot down some citizen who got emotionally upset because he was pulled over, detained, harassed, verbally harangued, and insulted by you for violating some stupid rule that has nothing to do with morality or the moral law? Hey Joe, have you ever considered the possibility that the absolute power you claim for you and yours might give you an incentive to abuse that power? Hey Joe, I have something to tell you. I am a grown up and I am a very manner-full person. In every encounter I have had with jack-booted thugs it was the wearer of blue who lost emotional control and ended up yelling, screaming and making various threats. So let me suggest that you are a massive hypocrite and your advice would be best directed to yourself. Grow up and mind your own business.