- In what has to have been the least secretive "coming out" by a pervert in the history of the SDA, Bruce Jenner announced to the world that he is really a woman, or something like that. I don't know if it came up or not but I wonder if he is going to appeal to the Olympic Committee and ask if he can also have the Women's Decathlon gold medal. It seems to me that if he was really a she, then he/she deserves that medal as well. As proof that perversion is always enormously popular I offer up this quote from my local newspaper, "The Nielsen company said Saturday 16.9 million viewers watched the interview newscast Friday night. The audience was the biggest for a non-sports show on a Friday night since 2003." So there you have it. The citizens of the SDA have spoken. They have proudly pronounced that the most socially, culturally, historically, morally, intellectually and emotionally satisfying news story of the past 12 years was a former Olympic athlete declaring he is really a woman. Can this story get any more stupid?
- The Children's Academy of Aurora, Colorado is a day care facility that I believe is operating for profit. Although the Children's Academy is not directly affiliated with the government school system, many of the children who attend the pre-school are having their tuition paid for by taxpayer dollars. The Aurora Government School system pays the bills for many of them. I do not know how it operates but I suspect it is some sort of voucher system. An interesting thing took place at the Academy last week that I would have believed could only have happened within the confines of a government school. A woman sent her 4 year old daughter to the school with a package of Oreos in her lunchbox. She reunited with her depressed daughter after school only to discover the package of Oreos still in her lunchbox, accompanied by this note, "Dear Parents, it is very important that all students have a nutritious lunch. This is a public school setting and all children are required to have a fruit, a vegetable and a healthy snack from home, along with a milk. If they have potatoes, the child will also need bread to go along with it. Lunchables, chips, fruit snacks, and peanut butter are not considered to be a healthy snack. This is a very important part of our program and we need everyone's participation." The long arm of government funding has insidiously crept into a quasi-independent school and established a series of nanny-state rules about what a child may bring in her lunchbox. Only in the SDA can we find this level of stupidity and sufficiently stupid people to enforce it.
- In a tip of the hat to stupid evangelical Christians I am forced to tell you about this story. Some maniac has been taking potshots at passing cars along I-25 in northern Colorado. Windows have been blown out and, last week, a woman was shot in the neck. The woman survived with minor injuries and was recently released from the hospital. Upon her release she was interviewed by members of the press. During her interview she proudly and stupidly announced that "she has already forgiven the person who shot her." Never mind that she does not even know who the person was who shot her. Never mind she has no idea what the intention of the person who shot her was. Never mind the person who shot her never asked for her forgiveness. You need to understand that the stupid doctrine of forgiveness held by all Evangelicals requires them to immediately and unilaterally forgive any person whom they believe might possibly have done something wrong against them or they themselves will be cast into hell when they die. Pity the poor Evangelical who finds himself in hell because he was not even aware of the malicious intent of someone who sinned against him.
- Meanwhile in a classic example of political stupidity, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has announced that he will run against Hillary for the Democratic nomination for SDA Queen. As he made his announcement he proudly declared that the primary plank in his political platform will be to reform the "obscene levels of income disparity" to be found in the SDA. I have addressed the non-issue of income inequality many times in this blog. Go here, here, here, here and here if you are interested. Of greater interest to me today is the brazenly stupid assertion that income inequality is somehow "obscene." Here is the historic definition of 'obscene' - "of or relating to materials that can be regulated or criminalized because their depiction of nudity, sex, or excretion is patently offensive and without artistic or scientific value." How is it possible that the morally good and proper existence of income inequality, which Jesus Himself endorsed, could be considered to be something that is obscene? Only an amazingly stupid career politician could come up with that one.
- In my final example for this Friday allow me to tell you about the student protest which took place at the University of Northern Colorado a couple of weeks ago. UNC has offered a Bachelor's Degree with a major in Mexican American studies for the past several years. When I was in college, which was admittedly a long time ago, majors such as that one were lumped together into the category known as "underwater basket-weaving" degrees. We all recognized that they were stupid degrees created for stupid people, usually athletes who needed to keep up the fiction of being student-athletes. Times have changed. Political correctness rules the college campuses. Even my insinuation that a degree in Mexican American studies is a waste of time is patently racist and derogatory. But back to the protest....according to the report I read, "50 students and faculty and staff members crowded into the Lindou Auditorium at Michener Library demanding that the administration restore the major now." The anger spread. According to that same report, "Energized by what they called an insult to their culture, more than 30 Latino students filed into the auditorium after a rally at 11th avenue and 20th Street." And why did the UNC administration cancel the Mexican American Studies major? Because there were only two students enrolled in the program. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a protest to attend. I am going to UNC to protest the fact that they do not have a Welsh-American Studies major. I am so insulted!
Friday, May 1, 2015
A Friday Potpourri Of SDA Stupidity
My desktop has accumulated a stack of articles about stupid people doing stupid things in the stupid Socialist Democracy of Amerika. None of them, by themselves, rises to a high enough level to be the basis for a complete blog post, but together they form a beautiful menagerie of human stupidity and sinfulness. So without any further ado, allow me to tell you some stories about life in these Socialistic States of Amerika.